Clinics & Services
- Asthma Clinic – with the practice nurse at a time convenient to you.
- Coronary Heart Disease clinic – with the practice nurse.
- Diabetic Clinics - patients are seen by the GP, practice nurse and a podiatrist (care of feet) via a recall schedule, normally on a Wednesday morning.
- Childhood Immunisations - Appointments are scheduled externally and details will be sent to you by post.
- Baby Clinics – following a PCT reorganisation clinics are now run at various central locations, please contact your health visitor on 452300 for full details.
- Well Man, Well Woman and Health Checks - we have no dedicated clinics for these important topics, they can be carried out at any time, by appointment.
- Travel Vaccinations - to help us advise you on the protection that you need, please see a practice nurse at least eight weeks before you travel and ideally 12 weeks ahead. Travel appointments are lengthy, at least 20 minutes, and are therefore difficult to arrange at short notice. A useful web site to see what vaccines you may need is http://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/destinations.aspx or see our page of travel vaccinations.
- Maternity Services - a community midwife and her colleagues will see you in the surgery on a Tuesday morning as well as visiting you at home
- Minor Injuries - we are happy to treat patients with minor injuries but if we feel it appropriate (e.g. the need for an X-ray) then we may have to refer you to A&E at RSH. Please ring if you are unsure if your problem can be dealt with at the surgery.
- Nursing Services – including wound advice, dressings and cervical smears.
- PEARS -http://www.shropshireccg.nhs.uk/pears - self referral scheme for some eye conditons
Physiotherapy - Telephone Triage Service
You can now book a telephone appointment with a Physiotherapist for a number of muscle, bone and joint problems, without having to see your GP first.
These are short 10-15 minute appointments in which you will be assessed and advised for the problem you have.
If a coure of treatment is required you will be referred to the local Physiotherapy Service.
WHAT CAN A PHYSIOTHERAPIST DO FOR YOU?
This service will assess joint pains, sprains, strains and other injuries such as:
- Back pain
- Neck Pain
- Pain in the elbow, wrist or hand
- Shoulder pain
- Pain in the hip, knee or ankle
This service is not available for children under the age of 16
CALL NOW TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT